Monday, August 8, 2011

Be a Front Seater

Sound so simple but yet, I seldom see, when attending classes, seminar or anything related to it, most of the participants would rather choose the back seat?. I wonder why?. I always remind my student, "come on guys, better be in the front. Coz when your seat near the presenter, you can hear much better, and your view also won't be disrupt by others". Hmm it reminds me of the class I attended during my sophomore year at Arkansas State Univ. Each time when I came to class, I would rather choose the third row in the middle seat. Why? Because at that time I feel so secure being in the middle. Usually my class was organised with chairs of 7 columns and 7 rows. If I sit too near to the Professor, I needed to raise my head coz, most of the Caucasian Lecturers are very high in height. I felt so inconvenience to keep raising my head up to 45 degree to see the lecturer's face. And one other reason is by sitting in the middle I felt like, the lecturer can easily see me too. Not to mentioned, when it comes to Q&A, he will usually point his fingers to the person sitting infront. Ha here come the trick. For me, by sitting in the middle, at least I got the time to think and give an approriate and correct answer?. enough for my own excuses. However I still agree that to be a front seater, can really make you get more information than the others. And it also shown your confidence level. So Dr. Shwartz, I still at your side regarding being the front seater.

No comments: