Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Be Accessible

Wonder why this rule is not included in Ron Clark 55 essentials!.

Being an educator we should be accessible by our student. So that's the way I chose to be. In my own perception a teacher need to be friendly and easy to get along with. It is vital for a teacher to be easily approached by our student. In order to do so, a teacher should have the important factor that guaranteed the success of being accessible which is attitude. Be friendly, and being friendly doesn't mean that you need to be so talkative or a blabber. When a student come and approached you, doesn't matter how busy you are at that time, do give some time. Show your interest in them, and this can be done by your body language. When your hear what they say, do look at their eyes, show that you are interested in what they are about to say, and do lean your body forward instead of backward, caused this gesture is very important that your mind is there and not somewhere else. Do smile, do laugh when necessary, listen attentively , express affectionate interest in their story. That wasn't hard at all. I love to do this, I love to be close to my student, I love to entertain them, and I'm sure when I did all these, they will become close to me too, and their passion towards learning will grow, their perception towards education will thicken and these can assure that they will be in the right track.

Enough for tonite.

No comments: