Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

Hi, meet again. Hope it's still not too late to wish Happy Mother's Day to all the lovely mother and mother to be in the world. Although deep in my thought, we should celebrate mother's day everyday, not just once annually. But if so, can't imagine how full and occupied your locker will be..Full with roses and gift boxes.
Last Sunday on 10 May 2009, on the Mother's Day itself and same with the previous morning i woke up as usual and knocked my daughter's door for a wake up call and shake my other son to get ready for school.
Later, that very morning and on my laptop I found a small box and 2 roses nicely put. I know this must be from my daughter, no wonder last night she was busy doing something in her room with the door locked. I thought she just want to avoid her brother, because usually the day before school, she must be very busy with unfinished homework.
I opened the small box. Though it was very small,but I appreciated the present. I took the box and the flowers and arranged nicely on my bed. The time didn't allow me to open it, coz I need to rush to work.
In the afternoon, when I was in the office, my daughter called me up. "Umi, dah buka ke hadiah angah bagi" she asked. So I answered that I didn't manage to open the box cause I need to rush to the office. She sound devastated. I know, she really wants me to open that very minute when i saw the present. No wonder why she purposely put on my laptop. She knew that, before going to the office, I will pack and keep my notebook in my bag, so I will find the present that she gave and will open it immediately.
In the afternoon, I arrived home, locked the car, ran into my house, hang the car key and rushed upstair. Aha, I opened the gift my daughter presented me this morning and I found a very small, tiny time sand. You know the small bottle, with three compartments, filled with sands. The sand will gradually fell, when you turn it upside down. Very nice.. I remember last week she said to me, this month I will get 3 presents. The three are for Mother's Day, Teacher's Day and My birthday. I replied to her that I don't want any present this year (last year she spent her pocket money for these three events, so I asked her not to buy any present next time). I added to her that she doesn't need to buy me anything because she was my birthday present since last 12 years ( she was born on the same date with me except yearla). What I like most with what she gave is the lyric for a song that she wrote dedicated to me, the one that she wrote on the box wrapper.
May is so special to me. My eldest son birthday is on 13th May, my youngest son is on 2nd May and my daughter and me on the 20th May. And it happened that every year we are celebrating Mother and Teacher's day in May too.

No comments: